Welcome to Talk Money Week with MyBnk.
Organised by the Money Advice Service’s (MAS) offshoot the ‘Financial Capability Strategy for the UK’ it aims to celebrate the work of everyone in our sector, from banks and charities to think tanks and government.
For the next five days we will be arming 1,000 young people with real life money skills in schools and youth organisations across the UK. Members of MyBnk’s Youth Advisory Panel and education experts will also share their knowledge at events to help raise awareness of the importance and impact of financial education.
Here is our working week:
- Monday: Guy Rigden, MyBnk, CEO appears on an expert panel at London’s City Hall to discuss how we can improve the financial capability of young Londoners.
- Tuesday: We will release the findings of a MAS funded impact report into The Money House project. Limited tickets to the launch event are available, here.
- Wednesday: Our CEO and members of our Youth Advisory Panel sit on an expert panel at the main Talk Money Conference in Westminster discussing what a meaningful financial education means to them. We will also have a stall in the reception area. Come and say hello!
- Thursday: Ding dong! We will be helping to ring the opening bell at the London Stock Exchange for their Foundation day. Employees at the long term funder of MyBnk programmes will also be treated to a ‘Show and Tell’ of our work.
- Friday: We will be celebrating the weeks events and insights.
Be sure the follow our lead on Twitter.