Young people team up to create a business in a week – designing, developing and selling their service or product at a real life market place in our out of school enterprise education programme.
- Ideas generation – An introduction that inspires young people to generate their own ideas, considering the target audience’s wants and needs.
- Product design, budget and costs – Young people refine their ideas into a final ‘design’, and then research suppliers to create a materials list within their set budget of £40.
- Logistics and production – Utilising each member’s strengths, teams delegate tasks to create their product / service ready for the market place.
- Pricing and marketing – Evaluating the production process, pricing structures are decided, as well as a marketing strategy to attract and sell to customers.
- Sell, sell, sell! – Teams attend a pre-designated market place to advertise and sell the designed products or services to a real customer audience.
- Reflection – a practical evaluation activity is run. Winners are announced and prizes handed out.
Against the clock, with prizes and profit at stake for those who shine, all participants must collaborate to make their project a success.
The battle encourages teamwork and rewards initiative, whilst working under pressure.
Lead by an experienced MyBnk Education Officer. Real 0% interest loans are given and once repaid, participants keep all profits.
MyBnk Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and changes made to scheduled deliveries incur costs to MyBnk. Any changes made less than two weeks in advance will result in a £100 or, if less than three working days, £250 charge per MyBnk trainer. Full Terms & Conditions here.
From opening a first bank account and trading in real markets, to moving out of care and into independent living, MyBnk’s financial education workshops and enterprise experiences pack a BIG punch!
Impact After Our Programmes
increase in those feeling confident turning their ideas into reality
profit made on an average £19 MyBnk enterprise loan.
increase in those being able to create a profit forecast
"When young people understand the world around them, anything is possible. MyBnk helps them to understand their relationship with money and how to make good financial decisions."
"MyBnk is a creative and exciting organisation that targets the increasing need for relevant and engaging financial education for young people. We can and will put young people first!"
"I just want to help young people have the knowledge I never had. I want them to understand things like APR as much as they understand LOL."
"Taking the dull elements of finance, adding some real life and making them actually alright, if not kind of enjoyable!"
"MyBnk is inspired by input and ideas from young people, which makes it an exciting and fun place to work!"
"Money really does ‘talk’ and it’s important for young people to learn and speak the language of the financial world they will be entering one day. MyBnk makes it possible for young people to learn about money management in a fun, interactive and inspiring way and equips them for their futures."
"Financial education is fantastic"