The Money House (TMH) helps young people in, or about to move into housing, manage their money and remain independent.
Participants gain practical financial and digital skills to pay their rent, bills and living costs whilst making informed choices about their future.
Sessions take place in a fully kitted out flat, not a classroom. It looks and feels like a typical flat that young people would aspire to live in when they get their own tenancy. Our experts help them become more confident about money and living on their own by providing real-life skills in a unique setting that brings financial education to life.
At TMH there are no lectures. Interactive games and activities involve young people in every aspect of their learning. Our Education Officers are young, trained, tested and enthusiastic, and it shows in the feedback we get from all the young people who attend.
- Housing: For those eligible for social housing, accessing housing support from their local authority (LA), or moving into independent living in the private rented sector.
- Already a tenant or has expectations of a tenancy: Living in LA supported housing, LA temporary accommodation, bidding for own social housing tenancy, accessing support from LA to help them into private or social housing or moving into private housing independently.
Referrals: To refer a young person contact [email protected] or register your interest using our Referral Form.
- Attendees are three times less likely to have rent arrear issues than their peers.
- No one who has completed TMH has been evicted.
- 98% of participants that completed the training feel more financially confident.
- Of those that didn’t attend The Money House, 33% had arrears of over £500.
- Landlords have reduced costs and secure more rent with fewer arrears.
* Data via 600 Hyde Housing participants.
TMH is funded by
The project was previously run by Hyde Housing.
From opening a first bank account and trading in real markets, to moving out of care and into independent living, MyBnk’s financial education workshops and enterprise experiences pack a BIG punch!
Impact After Our Programmes
of participants that completed the training feel more financially confident.
the number of those who have been evicted.
less likely to have rent arrear issues than their peers.
The Money House Team
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest" [Benjamin Franklin]. we help young people go out into the world with sound financial knowledge and to reap the benefits of that knowledge."
"Financial education is so vital, yet so hard to come by - which to me seems backwards! MyBnk is wonderful because we work to readdress that balance - put the work that people need in the places people need it."
"MyBnk is paving the way for a new generation that will be able to pay their own way, have deposits for their own homes and build their own enterprise. It really is the future."
"Hindsight, insight and foresight is the key to knowing yourself in life."
“The work that we do as an organisation is highly valuable to each and every young person out there. The way that I engage young people and do my job is a true reflection of how much I enjoy working for MyBnk.”
"MyBnk shapes young futures into brighter futures by equipping young people with the financial knowledge and tools needed to succeed. MyBnk gives young people valuable skills which they can use in everyday life."